View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #44
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The worst thing about Rhett Butler? War profiteering and killing a newly freed slave for no greater offense than being "uppity" to a white woman. Mr. Butler could be very inhumane.
I thought 'uppity' was a euphemism for some sort of assualt that couldn't be specified in polite society. Freed slaves were quite often described as behaving insolently towards women, without being murdered for it.

Melanie's second pregnancy is a bit of a puzzle to me; I struggle to believe Ashley would have got her pregnant, or that Melanie would have risked leaving Beau motherless.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-01-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote