Thread: MobileRead June 2009 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Not completely on topic but I like to thank you for the nomination of King Solomon's Mines and The Moonstone. I'll download both books and put them on my to read list.

To make it a relevant post I like to nominate Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
The only reason for nominating it being that it is a clasic I truly enjoyed reading a month ago.
For the two people here on the forum who have never heard of it :

Pride and Prejudice has delighted generations of readers with its unforgettable cast of characters, carefully choreographed plot, and a hugely entertaining view of the world and its absurdities. With the arrival of eligible young men in their neighbourhood, the lives of Mr and Mrs Bennet and their five daughters are turned inside out and upside down. Pride encounters prejudice, upward-mobility confronts social disdain, and quick-wittedness challenges sagacity, as misconceptions and hasty judgements lead to heartache and scandal, but eventually to true understanding, self-knowledge, and love. In this supremely satisfying story, Jane Austen balances comedy with seriousness, and witty observation with profound insight. If Elizabeth Bennet returns again and again to her letter from Mr Darcy, readers of the novel are drawn even more irresistibly by its captivating wisdom.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote