View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Book Awards Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by apcrcom View Post
I would like to be able to see a list of awards a book has won displayed in its metadata.

Specifically, in Calibre, in the right hand pane, there is the book cover, and under that, metadata:

Code:
Authors:    Herman Melville
Formats:    AZW3, EPUB
Ids:    Goodreads, Google, 9781612190778
Tags:    Classics
Path:    Click to open
Rating:    ????
Formats:    AZW3,EPUB
Pages:    34
//add info about awards here//
(screenshot) http://prntscr.com/dk0dsg

Can anyone advise how to do this?
@aprcrcom:

Yes. See the section entitled "Book Awards Table" here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261712

Due to slight variations in spelling and/or punctuation of Author and/or Title, you need a tool that can do a fuzzy search based on similarity percentage. The above link is to a tool that does that, and its Original Post explains in depth how to use it. The explanation references using Tags for Book Awards, but you could use a dedicated Custom Column instead if you wished. Remember that a single book can have many Book Awards, so your Custom Column must be "Tag-Like" to enable multiple values for the same book.

If I recall correctly, the Book Awards Table in the link currently has about 4,200 Book Award combinations. I last updated it in February 2016 for all awards ever granted as of that date.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote