View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Imcov6L - Updates and problems.

Since there isn't a subforum for this device, I'm opening this thread.

I know a few here have an Imco, so I'd be curious to know if others have the same trouble.

I've just installed update 1.15 and found that books that I had already opened before the update show no text anymore. Unopened books seem to work fine.
(I just checked, when I connect the device to the PC, the files are fine.)

Also, since 1.11 or so, the mp3 player starts automatically whenever I open the settings inside a book.
This should have been corrected by several updates now, seems it still persists.

I'm not ruling out that it is related to what I did on the device, but somehow I doubt it - the way I see it, the "update" replaces the firmware, so it should remove all changes I might have introduced.
(It certainly removes the custom pictures.)

[edit]Well, it must be a caching problem. Renaming the book I just read did help, in a way. The book is reset, so to speak, but the text is visible again.

[edit2]Personal recommendation: Do NOT install update 1.15!
Aside from the problem above, the so nicely named "Leseansicht optimiert (kein Schwarzer Balken)"(translation: Reading view optimized (no black bar) basically means removal of the status bar.
No more current time (acceptable) and of course no more battery status.
After all, why would a battery-operated device want you to know the battery status?

Seriously, I was happy as something when I saw that the Imco had a permanent battery status - and now they remove it.
I'm going to ask them for an older version of the firmware - none of the updates so far brought anything positive as far as I can tell (no doubt there have been improvements I just don't see, but I the disadvantages far outweigh them).

[edit3]FYI: The previous update can be found under this link: http://www.imcosys.com/downloadold/update.zip

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 03-31-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote