View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
In Stanza, there is no such choice, you change one preference and only that preference is applied to the book.
In my experience, this is only an appearance. In reality, as far as I could observe it, Stanza changes/disregards CSS properties by default a lot more than Marvin -- even without the Stanza user touching any settings button. Marvin at least is upfront about any changes made -- and you can always refer to the default HTML look for a comparison (called "publisher settings" in Marvin). Stanza offers no such comparison feature, and on the quiet it hides the layout changes it makes, creating the impression as if no layout changes had been applied... Yet they are there.

I uploaded a picture gallery where you can compare how Stanza and Marvin handle the display of the same EPUB test file. Stanza is currently more faithful in preserving the font and background colour properties specified in CSS. But in every other regard, "Marvin's formatting" is more faithful to the publisher's original CSS -- whereas Stanza modifies/disregards the publisher's CSS even without being prompted to do so by the user.

Summary: by default, Stanza changes/disregards the original CSS a lot more than "Marvin's formatting" does so, but Stanza does it "secretly", without notifying the user.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote