Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Nekokami, I would have thought that was exactly the case, until Kovid said that he wasn't an SQL guru (therefore the database backend isn't going to be very well optimised), and various issues with Calibre have been mentioned; it seems to me that the database backend isn't going to do what I want.

Besides which, I *am* an SQL guru, as well as a guru of many other disciplines, so I'm pretty certain there won't be much standing in my way.
At this rate you're heading straight into the category of people that make big announcements of what they're going to do and are never heard from again. Produce some working software, and then talk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote