Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #10350
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Lincoln is a UK town. It's also the colour of the clothing Robin Hood is reputed to have worn "Lincoln Green".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
And also Lincoln is in Lincolnshire, hence shire town.
Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't have got that one without you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I figure the clover one is referring to Ireland?
Yes, the belief that a four leaf clover brings luck comes from Ireland, so we can say that luck on four leaves grows there

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Of this, Dido bereft; Life? (she did commit suicide, right?)
I think she did kill herself - and left life, there's no denying that. But she also left some other things - her home, for example (hint, hint)
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote