Thread: Glo Dictionary
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
At least with the current firmware version this is possible only with some dictionaries. It is not possible for instance with French-French and Japanese-Japanese dictionaries.
I thought I was crazy but you can't indeed search the French dictionary when you look up a word from within a book ? Maybe I misunderstood and overlooked something, but if not it's so annoying, on top of that the french Larousse dictionary is really bad, at least for this kind of use.
For example, if I come up at the word "vénalité" in a book, the dictionary will give me the following definition :
vénalité : caractère d'une personne vénale. (something like "characteristic of a venal person"). So of course I'd have to search for the word "vénale" but can't find the way of doing it.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote