View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #66
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
As a owner of the K4B I can say it's WAY better than my K4S. The text is really black and the background is much lighter and cleaner looking.
And if I recall you always had a very bad screen on your K4. Mine is excellent with a very light grey background and very dark black contrasty text. I have seen huge variations in screen samples. If I compared those to mine I would think I had some fancy new model of screen as well...but the truth it is is just sample variation. I think you are falling prey to sample bias. Your first one was horrible...so this one naturally looks a LOT better. It's the same Pearl screen...there might be some software and font tricks going on but it's not a huge difference in reality across common screen examples.

Last edited by heeby; 09-17-2012 at 09:18 PM.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote