View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #62
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Different people have different interests. Many of my friends spend all their free time watching TV. Am I to be "pitied" because I prefer to read instead? It's simply a different interest. I think there's a little "intellectual snobbery" in the view that reading is somehow a "superior" hobby to other forms of entertainment. If you enjoy doing something, that's what matters.
Have to agree with you on this, Harry. I read a lot, but I also play a lot of videogames (which are frowned upon by many people). And lots of my (very smart) co-workers are very light readers (when they read at all).

Nonetheless, I usually find it easier to relate to heavy readers and/or gamers. I'm a poor conversationalist in general, and a common interest is a great facilitator.

BTW, reading habits have never been an issue on dating (and my own habits have probably hindered me, rather than helped).
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote