View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Smile My husband has converted to the "Glow" side!!

I have really bad eyesight so an ereader is a must for me because I am able to enlarge the text, making it a pleasure once again to read. I was very happy with my 1st Gen Nook, but it was a "brick".

I'll admit I am not up to date as far as technology goes, which explains why, when they started advertising the Nook Glowlight, I was a little surprised to find out that there was the NST

My husband has been resistant to ereaders because he really enjoys the "feel" of a real book (as did I), and hated the weight of my 1st Gen Nook.

I had originally put my name of several B&N stores lists for the Glow, so when I got mine I cancelled all the others (I thought). Then about a week after I got mine, a store called to tell me it was in. With a little prodding, I talked my husband into going down and buying it.

My arguments? Our library is open very odd days/hours making it hard to get to. The late fees went up, again. My husband has a voracious reading habit, usually having 2 or 3 books going at once, and no room on the night stand. He is always falling asleep while reading, losing his place consistently. It will be 10pm at night (or other time when we can't get to the library) when he realizes he's out of books.

I am happy to say that my husband has been brought over the to "Glow" side! He has enjoyed using our states digital library at all hours, and loves having his place saved on each of the 3 books he has going right now. He also likes being able to take "all" his books with him in such a small, portable way.

We are both very happy with our Glow and are enjoying reading more again!
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote