View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #23
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Where does he post for free? All I found was the following (WAY overpriced Ebooks):

http://www.spearfishlaketales.com/store.htm
Just go to the Spearfish Lake Tales main page. All his books are free to read online. He also posts his books on BeyondTheFarHorizon.com and StoriesOnline.net

And yes, I second the recommendation. I wouldn't exactly classify him as one of the great, overlooked authors of our time, but I do love his stories and he certainly deserves to be better known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Gert Prokop lived and wrote in East Germany - called DDR [Deutsche Demokratische Republik] here.
While we're on the subject of East German SF, I recommend Michael Szameit. I loved his books as a teenager. He and the Strugatzki brothers were what opened my mind to the possibility that SF could be so much more than lasers, space battles and bug-eyed monsters.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote