View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starganderfish View Post
The easiest way (from my perspective) would be if I could use calibre's batch conversion tools without actually importing the files into the library and having the newly converted files use my original file names. Is this possible? (I suspect not)
You can do this. Look at ebook-convert (http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...k-convert.html). You specify the output file name on the command line, and it can be whatever you want.

You might want to look generating a file of command lines, using an editor to carve the metadata from the file names and create the appropriate options. That way you can set the author and title metadata inside the book. This will help when using readers that get info from the book instead of the file name.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote