View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 04:43 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Meh, with Windows and Word, it really isn't as bloody hard as it is with "Apple Books." I mean, you can't do "Mac Books," because what you get is entirely wrong. "Apple Books" rarely gets you what you want. "Books e-reading app" gets you every damn eReader under the sun. "Books Reader for Mac," ditto. I mean, when it was iBooks, searching worked. Now it's a bloody disaster. And I'm a searching demon--it's one of my superpowers and I still have problems with it.

With Word, you can preface it with MSFT or use the year suffix, as Jon said (Word 2016, for example, or Word for Mac). And half the time, if you only type "word" you get Word results, anyway. Ditto Windows, but again, you can do MSFT Windows, or Windows 10, yadda and the search results make sense. SQL Server...I have to admit, I haven't had big issues searching that, but I'll defer if you have.

Hitch
Mac Books is a good one. It comes up with Macbooks. Now if you search for "Mac Books" (with the quotes), you get results for Books about Macs and books about Fleetwood Mac.

Someone at Apple really need to rename books back to iBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote