View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #626
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos2 View Post
I've got exactly the same problem just on different device.

When there are no files in "dictionaries" folder - Coolreader says: "No dictionaries installed" - pretty obvious. However when I put there dictionaries (.dic files) I am always getting "error at opening dictionary" message from Coolreader.
These dictionaries appear in the device list of dictionaries, I also checked and they worked seamlessly with default Pocketbook software (for example when reading pdf file). In other words problem is not about a dictionary - I pressume there is some issue with Coolreader that hopefully could be fixed.

My configuration
Pocketbook Touch HD, with firmware 5.16.479
Coolreader 3: cr3-v.0.0.6-17-61.1-pro5

PS. I tested a lot of dictionaries from different sources.
I've just had the same problem and found a solution!
Due to another issue I had formatted the internal memory of my Touch HD and after that the dictionaries were not working with Coolreader.
I tried reinstalling CR, reinstalling the firmware and copied the dictionaries again onto the device after removing the write protection - no change.
Then I saw in the device settings (language - available dictionaries) that the three extra dictionaries where not activated. I changed that, went back to CR, clicked on the bar with the dictionary name a couple of times - and it worked again!

Last edited by LucyOne; 07-24-2017 at 01:06 PM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote