View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
No that is reserved for the Twilight series...which I still don't understand how in the Gods' names my wife can enjoy. She universally pans the writting and thinks the themes are horrible, but she has also read the series at least 4 times over now....
I've never read or seen anything connected to the Twilight franchise so I can't offer an opinion there, but maybe your wife's enjoyment of the series is similar in some respects to the enjoyment I found as a teenager watching the original Dark Shadows TV series with my friends. For the most part the acting was bad, the writing was stilted, and the dialog was overblown; but the characters were lovable, and as corny as we knew the the plots to be, we quickly grew to care about their resolution. Above all, it was a hoot seeing boom microphones dropping down to screen level, reflections of cameramen and their equipment popping up in windows, shadows of crew members appearing in scenes where the actors were suppose to be alone, and a thousand other bloopers that seemed to occur on an almost daily basis.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-24-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Clip some of the quote.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote