View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble View Post
I turn off the backlight regularly, in fact I do it every time I read in sunlight, but it does usually require an extra adjustment to the contrast. Luckily, that is done on the same option screen as the light adjustment.

Jack
others have told me that as well, actually, but i've never succeeded in getting it to work. i think it's partly because the touchscreen is not quite sensitive enough for really delicate adjustments, so it jumps from "screen somewhat backlit" to "screen completely black" whenever i have tried.

i'm going to try again though and put the contrast really high before i touch the backlight, just to see if it works.

EDIT : ok, i just tried it, it does work (i recommend raising the contrast a lot BEFORE you touch the backlight control). however i find that even with the contrast near the maximum, the screen itself is very dark when the backlight is off. that combined with the reflections which then are much more apparent makes for a not very comfortable reading experience for me. but i'm sure it is possible to read that way, and i am not currently outside in sunlight so that probably makes a difference as well.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-11-2008 at 02:10 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote