View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
King used to go to pick-up basketball games and let students come over near the university where he lived to hang out at his house. But one day his new wife came out of the shower to find a stranger in their house and it kind of freaked her out. (If Ms King is freaked - run).

So he had to increase his personal security a bit. But to all accounts he is a pretty lay-back guy.
I think I remember either reading or hearing about it. The guy had a box he claimed was a bomb and was going to blow Mr. King up for stealing his story ideas. It turned out the man was mentally unbalanced and the 'bomb' was paperclips and erasers. He addresses the idea of the author not being what people expect in his novel "The Dark Half." We tend to put certain people up on pedestals because of what they do and forget that they are real people just like us. I've only met one published author myself though she seemed nice enough. Nancy Kopp is her name & she writes legal thrillers. At least I think that's the genre she writes in. I have autographed copies of all 5 of her books.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote