View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I used mobipocket creator. As for the crappy HTML info, it's because I use Microsoft Word for the formatting. I export as an HTML file and then drag that HTML file into Mobipocket creator.

I'm on a Mac (mobipocket creator is used in Virtual PC), so it's a bit of a roundabout way of doing things, but I usually don't count on someone looking at the HTML details. I figure someone would just drag the .prc file onto something that reads mobipocket files and read. It works fine on the devices I have.

Word makes the worst HTML code--but it's easy to edit in. I don't know any programming, can't mess with any programming and realize that if I knew programming I could do a lot more cool stuff.

I realize that it gets on a lot of programming people's nerves, but I am already plenty geeky, so I don't need another layer.

So anyway, sorry that you find the file insides messy. Opens up in mobi just fine and works perfect on my Kindle. I would venture to say that none of my uploads have pretty guts once you explode them and look at all the pieces--but they are pretty great to read as is.

I would think that if you really need the HTML, you could get it from PG or any of the other sources out there.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote