View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If the battery on a PRS is totally dead (which it shouldn't be if it's new, but strange things sometimes happen in shipping/storage) there can be problems getting it to charge off of USB. You need to use an AC adapter. These are available from Sony for insane prices, from various third-party vendors at wildly varying prices and levels of quality, and from all of the usual suspects. AC adapters for the Sony PSP portable game console reportedly also work, but I don't have any first-hand experience there. After the frustration of checking every local GameStop for PSP adapters, I just broke down and bought the Sony charger.

I should mention that said Sony charger is rated at 2 amps. Why an ebook reader would need to pull that much current, I have no idea, but that's what the charger can supply. I don't know how dependent it is on having that particular rating.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote