View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think we are talking potatoes-potahtoes, Jeff. The end result is that Kobo made it possible to do all sorts of things that the others have not/will not--even without rooting. If they provide tech assistance to folks who want to do even more, good on them.

That being said, I would not be surprised to find that when people have heavily modified their Vox, Kobo tech support might advise people to do a return to factory default deal when they cannot easily find a solution. There will be people who install sketchy apps from sketchy places and, having worked tech support (but not for Kobo), trust me, they never tell you about those trips to the weird side when they call in.

BTW, as I am playing with my Vox (or other tech kit) I keep my own little change log. That way, if a problem surfaces, I can undo things one at a time, working backwards, until all is well.

Last edited by taming; 11-07-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
taming is offline   Reply With Quote