Thread: Touch Nook STR Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #15
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The text and background issue, if it exists, might be due to B&N doing a complete refresh every 5th page rather than with every page turn. That 5th page refresh just might bite them in the backside. I think it was little more than a marketing ploy to say the STR turns pages faster than brand XYZ, much like their battery life is just a bunch of meaningless hype.

The lack of landscape mode for ePubs, the same thing that plagues the NC, is a no go for me. But I wasn't in the market for an eInk anyway.
I don't think it's a marketing ploy, to be honest. I think we are in the early stages of seeing better page refreshing and the cache'ing of 5 or so pages is the first step. If eink continues to grow I think the flashing is will eventually be gone all together.

but seeing video demos comparing traditionally eink page turning and the way the new nook changes. it's really nice and it is noticably better. Perfect? no, I think eink tech is still a few years from perfect page turning but one of the first major steps, yeah.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote