View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
We'll see. I still see this stuff--as much as most of us dislike--being things that just don't affect the average user.

Like I said, my main worry is that they'll start putting limits on what kind of media content you can put on it. Rejecting some apps doesn't affect me much as they aren't rejecting the types of apps I'd probably use. But if they start in any way limiting the type of content I can get--say banning some newspaper apps or other media apps for being critical of Apple etc--that I couldn't tolerate.

Otherwise, I don't mind the closed system that much as there's apps for everything I'd want, and I like my gadgets as simple and intuitive to use as possible. I'm not a tech head so I do very little customizing and tweaking. Even with Windows XP, the only thing I customize is turning the start menu, control panel etc. back to the classic windows 95 look.

So most of this stuff that people hate about Apple doesn't affect me. But this instance really starts a slippery slope that worries me.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote