View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 07:46 AM   #449
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Another ebook that keeps bugging me that I have been waiting for is Infante's Inferno, by G. Cabrera Infante.

I was able to borrow a copy from Archive.org - the PDF and the epub. The epub (as usual with them) is mangled up with joined words and the usual conversion issues. The PDF, on the other hand, is a screaming yellow mixed with text and is not easily read on an ereader. And I hate reading it on my ancient iPad.

Like before, this is a book I actually own in hardback, but it's in a climate-controlled storage right now back in the USA, along with the rest of my book collection. I probably have 100 boxes of books (mostly hardcover) without proper identification on the boxes. So finding my copy (and being almost 70 years old now and dealing with a stroke 4.4 years ago is, at best, problematic - AND if I'm able to go back this Christmas to visit my two sisters).

By the way, I have an almost complete collection of Ballantine Adult Fantasy paperbacks - in mint condition - carefully packed away in those boxes.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-04-2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason: proper spelling correction: problematic
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote