View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #2687
Mikii
Mikii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5 gen
I am running the screensaver hack 0.24.n r13390 on my new kindle PW3, serial jailbroken, and currently running system 5.9.4.

I ran into some erratic behavior that drove me crazy:

As soon as I reboot the kindle everything is fine, kindle starts booting. After a while the screen lights go out (I know this is ok.), the boot continues but the led reading lights don't come back.

The progress bar goes on......

At one point, during the boot, one of the standard covers are loaded, and therefore it looks the boot is finished and the kindle has gone goes into a slip mode (lights still off).

At first i thought the kindle was frozen this way, and there were no whay to wake it. But If I pressed the power button for 10 secs the kindle reboots, going back to were I started.

However, I discovered that if I wait a few more minutes the backlight magically switches on, I can run kual, and get into the config file of the screensaver hack (right now I only get the "no processed cover" message though).

I thought there was some hardware problem, but now I am pretty convinced it is a software one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michele

Update: This is confirmed to be an hardware problem (broken connection to the connector near the + power point on the PCB). I was able to fix it and now everything is working just fine!

MIC

Last edited by Mikii; 03-25-2018 at 01:57 PM. Reason: update
Mikii is offline   Reply With Quote