View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #2174
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I read some Trollope, so I started The Warden. Not, in this case, read by David Case, but the Timothy West narration. Which is going well. The plan is to finish off the Trollope, then go back to the second of the Forsyte books, and only then return to the Dickens. And who said I only read genre?
I've been listening to the Trollope Palliser novels read by Timothy West and I think he's wonderful. I've just finished The Warden but I went with the Simon Vance narration as the one my OD library had. Of the two, I think I'd choose West as my interpreter of Trollope; not that there's anything wrong with Vance, of course, but a fresh voice, equally talented, is a good thing.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote