View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx777 View Post
Thanks Wolf. I don't get why others were saying there "is no" all in one?

That's what I was looking for a processors that let's you write, and it will do the epub output (WYSIWYG)

Very cool. $30 is nothing if everything is right there for you.
You can type and create in, AWP. There are certain limits in AWP that don't exist in Word, for example, (I think) tables (?). Others here use AWP--I don't--but there are some things that AWP doesn't either create in the word-processing interface, or can't export to ePUB. I don't know that list. However, if you're doing simply-formatted material, like a novel, then, yes, it will work for you. (I think the Wiki has a new-ish review of AWP).

Also: you can't edit the ePUB in AWP. Let's say you export it, and don't like something--you have to go back into AWP and edit that, and re-export it. Remember, this forum isn't like the KDP forums--the folks here are geeky. We all pretty much work in HTML and CSS, so to us, that's a bit kludge-y. That would drive me nuts, but then again, I can quickly fix whatever I don't like in Sigil.

So, that's what this group means when they say, "there's no all-in-one." Word's feature set is more sophisticated than AWP's, and it's easier to use, assuming you understand how it actually works (Styles, Headers, and the like). On the other hand, if you don't want to mess with anything "tecchie," and you don't feel the need to have absolute, minute control over every single technical aspect, then either Jutoh, Scrivener, AWP, will likely work for you as an "all-in-one" solution.

Do you see what I mean? The group here has a very high expectation of being able to control every single aspect, so we all tend to work in code. None of the programs we've discussed here allow you to do that. Right? Probably suit you, given what you've said so far.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote