View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx777 View Post
So, completely brain-freezed from all the types of converters and formaters etc....

What I want to know is:

Is there a WYSIWYG Writer for EPUB?

That is, is there a program I can write a book, as if I ws writing it in Word, and it simply "IS" in EPUB ebook format?

Also, would it know how to make the hyperlink Table of contents, word search etc... as part of the program ?

Sorry, complete newbie here. Would prefer if this was available, rather than write in say Word or Google Docs and then try to convert everything, make hyperlinks etc....

THANK YOU
Ah, the Holy Grail. cancelx777, trust us, if such a thing existed, everyone (the authors, at least) would be using it. Or, rather, none of these conversion "programs" or websites, etc., would exist, would they?

Although I also find that people will go to extraordinary lengths not to spend the $40 or so it takes to buy either Jutoh or AWP; they go to all sorts of contortions, downloading OO or LO, exporting that to something else, then to something else, then into Sigil or putting it into RTF and then into Calibre and then editing the Calibre-output ePUB in Sigil (oish...what a way to learn how to make ePUBS! I wouldn't wish that on anyone).

So, really: just use AWP. Take your Word file, paste it into AWP, then export your ePUB.

As far as the "built-in searches," the devices build in the searches. You don't. You will have to learn, no matter what you use, how to build your TOC, and each "way" has a different way of doing that, so nobody here can help you while you're still looking.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote