View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #61
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
Great plugin, jackie_w!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisvir View Post
First of all, a feature like this would need the plugin and PRS+ to work together.
First let me say that your approach may be technically feasible by a 'proper' developer. Sadly I am not one, my tech skills are rather limited

However, there is a basic problem here in that I think some of your suggestions would require the code to be incorporated into full Calibre and by someone with the great ability of chaley, the Sony guru (not yours truly) In addition, Kovid has made it clear that he is not likely to ever add features to Calibre itself that rely on jailbreaking/hacking one's device.

If there ever was a proper collaboration between Calibre and PRS+ then I think it would be a matter for the two 'owners', not an amateur go-between.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but I am open to suggestions for new features if they are within my limits Failing that, maybe the next generation of readers will have some better on-board features. Someone said the current Kobo already does this but I've never seen one myself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote