View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #8
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What Moon+ is extraordinarily bad at - and one might reasonably think this is a simple requirement - is simply displaying a book formatted as its publisher intended. It wants to override every bloody thing with user preferences. I want to see a book as its publisher intended it to be seen, not have every book look identical according to some set of “overrides”. This seems to be a failing of Android ePub apps in general!
I have not seen any statement by the publishers about what was "intended". Does this include font size? Display screen color? e-ink reader vs an android tablet? Size of the page? Size of the ereader? Oh, and no conversion between formats or removal/disabling DRM? Should not be able to read a book in 2 column mode like some want to do? Should the displayed text cover the same amount of display screen on 5 in. screen as that of a 8 in or 10 screen or should the text be changed to accommodate.

The epub created by the publishers is done in such a manner for the publishers' convenience not the reader. The text was most likely sent thru a epub translator to arrive at the epub format.

I prefer that what I read is better for my eyesight rather than how the publishers dictate like what is done with the printed book with the fine lined letters that are not readable even for hardbacks. Don't think that the publishers intended that the print books be hardbacks or "publishers"/trade book size; was there intention to not have printed books in paperback size & why the different font size between the hardback & paper back? Then there are large print books ......
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote