View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 AM   #41
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
The only issue i see is that it's so much easier to 'give up' on a book early on if it's not immediately grabbing you, and switching to something else.

But the alternative is far, far worse.....
I'm with Glitrbug - " I used to break out in a cold sweat at the thought of being stuck at home during a blizzard/tornado/hailstorm or bad case of the flu without enough books"
I have been stuck on an oil rig offshore, on standby (ie waiting around) and finished my books. This was before the days of internet, and even having my own laptop to ward off death by boredom. My god, the horror.
I had to read an Iain M Banks sci-fi novel, which was painful enough - but the true pit of hell and torture was ending up reading 'Toxin' by Robin Cook.
The Worst Book I Have Ever Read.
Ever.

Look - 71 (count 'em!) 1 star reviews at Amazon.... oh, the memory of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Toxin-Robin-Cook/dp/0399143165

ps - it's inspired me to write my first Amazon review, so it's up to 72 one star reviews now.

Last edited by Coops; 05-18-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: the p.s.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote