View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Mailbox is the opposite of pointless -- it's essential for me. Briefly, so as not to get too off-topic, what I find to be the 2 most outstanding Mailbox features: ability to transfer dozens of threads from folder to folder with a single swipe of the finger; and ability to re-order messages inside folders manually. Those are 2 unique and literally essential features for me by now; they have revolutionised mail management for me, for the first time since the 1990s. As far as I'm aware, only Mailbox offers these 2 particular features; no other app or even desktop email software does that.

Before Mailbox was released early this year, I tried Sparrow, but it was worthless for me, even lamer than Apple's default Mail app. Particularly Sparrow's navigation options were horrible. Just awful to deal with large amounts of incoming email.

As to theoretical points of failure, I don't care, because Mailbox doesn't fail -- it works flawlessly for me, and I get hundreds of emails every day. All of my domains are on Google Apps so I don't need additional SMTP servers, and indeed wouldn't wish to use them even if I could: I have found Gmail's SMTP server to be the most reliable of all.

There are many, many things still to improve in Mailbox, such as the very poor editor. But, it's become my primary software for mail management overall, regardless of platform.

Last edited by Faterson; 11-04-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote