View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prastiwari View Post
Hi All,

Just today I have purchased new Silver PRS-505 reader. I have seven days to test it & if I like it I will keep it with me else I will return it back to Sony.
I tried to transfer some PDF's to reader, but formating of PDF was not so good in reader. Formatting was like below:-
eg:-

"Feedbooks is probably the first platform who fully supported ePub, and all
of our
files (books, RSS feeds) are available in this format."
I've had the same experience with ePub and PDF formats. In one case, dialogues which were supposed to be on separate lines showed up in the same paragraph when I increased the font size. So I really try to avoid ePub and PDF.

What I do, and you can try, is I use calibre to change other formats (like mobi or prc) into the LRF format which I then transfer to my Sony Reader.

Quote:
That is the line continuation is not proper. Also the firmaware version in my reader is "1.1.00.18040".

So just wanted to know what can I do so that above formatting will be proper in my reader? The 1.1.00.18041 is latest stable version of firmware or I should upgrade it to latest version?
Yes, this is the latest version.

Quote:
Also what is difference between "PRS-505" (Silver) & "PRS-505R"(Red) version of this e-book reader from sony? Which one is better?
The only difference is the color.

Quote:
many thanks in advance for your valuable reply.

--Pras
You're welcome.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote