View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #132
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Hello Kitty1221,

1) Serial_vnc.oar doesn't freeze the device. It is actually waiting for the signal from computer side and suspends m92 functionality temporarily.You will see a circle with 7 black dots and 1 white dot. You can return back to normal functionality by pressing the "Back/Return" Key.

2) Regarding VNC viewer: Since this is a jar file, you will have to open it via command prompt (cmd.exe). My file is stored at this location :- G:\Onyx Boox M92\Boox M92 as eink Monitor\serial vnc app v0.1\bin\tvnjviewer-2.5.2
So, i type in cmd.exe these two lines

cd /d G:\Onyx Boox M92\Boox M92 as eink Monitor\serial vnc app v0.1\bin\tvnjviewer-2.5.2
java -Dboox_serial_port=COM32 -jar tightvnc-jviewer.jar -JpegImageQuality=Lossless -ViewOnly=Yes

3) You are on Windows 8, so i don't know if there will be any additional problems. Here are the steps i usually follow :
a) Restart my windows and press f8 key, Now i select the option "Disable driver signature enforcement". If i don't do this then device doesn't get detected.
b) Click on start_usb_serial_withoutgetty.oar; Gadget Serial(COMxx) shows up in device manager under Ports(COM & LPT). Also start_usb_serial_withoutgetty.oar file should be placed in the same folder with other gserial files
c) Click on Serial_vnc.oar
d) PC side:- start tightvnc server.exe
e) go to cmd.exe and paste above two lines. Also COM port changes its value every time. It usually takes values 31-34
f) type in the values such as localhost, port no and then password for tightvnc server; that's it

Last edited by Feher; 04-12-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote