View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 06:14 AM   #44
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't think that's a good comparison. The felons regaining the right to vote (in Florida anyway), are people who have served their time.

That doesn't mean that there necessarily are any changes in the prison system in those states.
Yeah, unfortunately you are right. Didn't Washington also do something like this? I think a liberal state has a better chance of passing meaninful reforms. It is left to felons regaining their rights to follow through with their use and help those left in the system. Ari Kohn (postprisonedu.org) is an example of a powerful personality who has been a voice for prison reform and has aided many get on their feet upon returning to the real world. I can only hope that others follow his lead. Either way empowering felons with the right to vote is a good start
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote