View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Prediction: Micropay will still work for books. Micropay discounts will go away for any book covered by Agency Model. I am also guessing that Buywise discounts will still apply, but we'll see. I am guessing that they negotiated this with the various publishers. I could be wrong, in which case there will be some angry consumers.

I am not a buywise member because I missed the 100% rebate, and without that, concluded it would not save me money (I was wrong, it would have).

On the balance, I am betting my wishlist will get cheaper. It is currently $356.00 with an average of $8.68 and only $3.50 in offered Micropay rebates. Since I usually grab ereader books, add an additional $17.80 in rebates, for a total (less rebates) of $334.70.

If my wishlist was at BN or Amazon, I am betting it would be about $284 (20% less).
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote