View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
On Ebk1150 you can search for text using the find button from settings (the keyboard pops up, and you can type with your fingers or with the pen), and it displays very fast the pages it's searching through. It works only on the current book so you need to have a book open to use it, but it's useful for me especially for short story collections which have no clickable table of contents.

Also you can sort your books, on title, size, recent download, recent read, author, and include or not categories as you wish (click on the line of books above your eBookshelf and choose as appropriate, then restart). If you use the librarian software you can edit the metadata very easily, so you can create subcollections as you wish.

Outside of the small pixel size (448x318 - unless you get rid of automatic margins which seems to be possible but I do not know how, and make it full 460x320), my main problem is the 128Mb format limitation. If it would take 1Gb or higher cards even with the relatively small screen it would be perfect since after all nonreflowable books can be cut in half or third, the size of the corresponding pictures being the limitation. Right now I find myself adding and deleting books too much on my main cards.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote