View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I agree. I loaded a number of books I have in text format onto the 1150 and I've been very happy reading them. The screen is quite good, and battery life is excellent so far.

I do wish there was a way to search for text using the on-screen keyboard, though. I haven't found one yet, if there is. The ability to search across multiple documents, with an option to only search markups (e.g. highlighted text) would also be useful to me. Other improvements I'd like to see if a new model is being developed include the ability to expand and collapse categories, support for subcategories, and alternate sorts based on category, title, author, or some kind of keywords. (It would be ok if the keywords were entered on the PC/Mac, but better if one could change them-- and other metadata-- on the 1150 using the on-screen computer.) Also, it would be nice to be able to see a list of "markups" (highlights or written notes) with the highlighted text (if applicable), and maybe the ability to add a bit of text to a written note using an on-screen keyboard, just so the markup entry for the written note would have some description in the list. But I suppose all that is dreaming... and really, the unit is quite usable even as it is.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote