View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #66
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Now I have some more to play around with
I'd love to see what you do with them. I've tried some ornaments, but it just doesn't work (yet). It looks crap. As does the text I put onto the covers. GIMP is missing some layer style stuff Photoshop has (but I don't use PS anymore); I'll see if I can find some GIMP plugins.

Three more basic covers (or more accurate: colors and structures); black pleather, brown and maroon are linen. And then I'm out of books that have a plain cover. I have some more, but I'm not uploading those. The covers are actually plastic, with very little structure. They're just flat colors.

Now I'll take a look into the ornaments and GIMP layer plugins.

edit: I've found the missing layer plugin, and grabbed a free ornament from the net. I've added a maroon cover with an embossed title ornament (and a bit more contrast).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black_02.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	111366   Click image for larger version

Name:	maroon_02.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	111368   Click image for larger version

Name:	brown_02.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	111369   Click image for larger version

Name:	maroon_01.jpg
Views:	1355
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	111371  
Attached Files
File Type: zip black_02.zip (1.46 MB, 1327 views)
File Type: zip maroon_02.zip (2.23 MB, 1482 views)
File Type: zip brown_02.zip (2.11 MB, 1439 views)
File Type: zip maroon_01.zip (1.68 MB, 1463 views)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote