View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi 1080 View Post
I don't quite understand the excitement for Stanza. I have it on the iPhone and it's really nice and all, but from what I've seen in videos so far (the iPad is not available in Europe yet), iBooks blows the hell out of it. The presentation is awesome, I can search, copy text, bookmark, change fonts, … – seriously, what the heck could possibly be missing?
You can't take notes. You can't tell which books you are currently reading or where you are in those books. You can't tell what books you've read and which ones are unread. You can't access your own library from outside of the computer. In order to get a book on iBooks, you have to manually tether the iPad to the computer and sync with iTunes. With Stanza you could download anywhere, anytime, over the air.

You could share via Stanza, either twitter, email, facebook (I think).

You could organize your books on the fly, changing the name, author, categories. You could make up your own categories and sort your books from within Stanza. You could add a cover if your book was missing one (like the other poster who bought Butcher's recent book for 12.99).

It was easy to make a book mark. Just tap the corner. With iBooks, you have to highlight a word to bookmark.

With Stanza, you, the reader were in charge. You could change the background color and the font color. Determine the justification, line spacing, paragraph spacing, the size of the margins. You determined whether there was a page turn effect or not. You determined how to turn the page (swipe or tap). I find iBooks unresponsive at times.

In general, the only thing that Stanza didn't do is read the book for you.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote