View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #65
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
No, not at all. There's no comparison between the best shows of the 60's, 70's, 80's, or even the 90's (maybe with a couple of outliers) and shows like "the Sopranos" or "Breaking Bad" or "Mad Men" or "Boardwalk Empire" or "Game of Thrones" or many more.

Of course, the low end is probably lower, too...but that's a different issue.
Actually, I agree with Kumabjorn. I'm a great fan of "Modern Marvels". But, out of the 200+ channels I get on basic cable, I'll be darned if I can ever find anything like that on when I'm bored and want to watch TV.

I grew up watching the shows of the 70's and 80's and have no problem letting my 2 and 7 year-old sons watch any of them. These days, they'll put anything on TV. I have to be ready to mute or change the channel just for some of the commercials!
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote