View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
I drank the kool-aid on Friday and bought the 16gb wifi iPad. I'd been flirting with the idea for a while and went in to a Best Buy to have a better look at them. From the moment I picked it up I was hooked. An amazing device.

I've had an iPod touch for a few years and really liked it but was not a fan of reading entire novels on it. The iPad is much better suited to that with it's "slightly" bigger screen. The iBook app is a pleasure to use for both epub and pdf formats although I do prefer Stanza in some situations.

I also have a kobo reader which is nice for on the go reading and weighs in at just over 200gm (~ 2/3 less than the iPad).

Haven't been a huge fan of graphic novels (aka comic books) until now but the way the iPad renders them is amazing.

My only complaint is that for $500+ they could have put a small office suite on the device instead of geting us to pay $10 for iNotes etc. Oh and an SD slot would be nice...

The fun of owning it/using does take me back to my own C-64 days...my we've come a long way...
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote