View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Somebody asked me the following, and I thought it better to show the answer to everyone:
Quote:
Hi,
I was looking at the checksum algorithm for Pagerank and I am trying to figure it out myself.

My question is how do you get the value for these variables?

var_8
var_4
url_offset
url_length
magic_dword
var_8 and var_4 are local stack variables. They are uninitialized at the beginning of the algorithm function.
url_offset is a pointer to the URL of the web site we want to check the rank for.
url_length is the length of the URL of the web site we want to check the rank for.
magic_dword is a static 32bit word being passed to the function. As shown in the code, it is 0xE6359A60.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote