View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinch View Post
Well first of all, thanks and congratulations to kovidgoyal for such an awesome piece of software! If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone's been reading my wish book again...

Anyway, on to the topic! I've been using Book Collector to maintain my library, but I've run into a problem. My PC is a little long in the tooth, and as the Book Collector library file has gotten bigger, the program has hogged more resources and slowed my system down. I've now got 1,600 titles catalogued, but my system is running at a crawl when I've got Book Collector open.

My question is thus: will the same thing happen as my Calibre library gets bigger? I've had a look around and not been able to find an answer to this yet, however if it has already been posted-my apologies for doubling up.
I had over 2000 files cataloged in Calibre without any noticeable change in performance of my computer. And that's with Firefox opened with over 40 tabs and using the conversion software in Calibre too.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote