View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
This thread succinctly sums up why I hate DRM.

Whatever reader I have now, no matter how cutting edge, one day (and maybe not that too far off) it will be obsolete. I buy ebooks to last. I may not want to re-read an ebook next year, it may not be 10 years until I pick it up again. How can I be sure that it will still be compatible with my favoured device then? And for this publishers expect us to pay the same or sometimes more than for a p-book. Come on - who are they kidding?
This has nothing to do with DRM - it's simply a matter of differing, incompatible file formats.

It's no different to many other fields. If you buy an lens for a Nikon camera, and in 5 years time you go out and buy a Canon camera, you won't be able to use your Nikon lens with the Canon camera.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote