View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #204
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I would have every ebook on my reader if it was practical even if I had a million

It isn't practical even on the Sony which handles collections beautifully with a perfectly working slidebar with previews or the sadly missed alphabetical lookup. Too many books, make it harder to browse.
The barriers to navigating your books on a device have started to fall away. Comfortably navigating your entire library may not have been practical previously but using my new Nexus 7 and Calibre Companion (CC) it is very practical to have as many books as you like on your device.

Using CC you have access to most all of the features for locating your books as you do in calibre. Grouping using Author, Title, Series, Ratings, Publisher or any custom column and Sorting by multiple fields. Plus use the same searches you use in calibre to locate a particular book.

I have my entire library on my Nexus because I can and it provides a nice backup of all of my books.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote