View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Just wondering if anyone else in the US purchased a Galaxy 4.2 and unknowingly received a UK version. The UK version model number ends in an EU.

I bought two in the US from a US company. One of them did not work properly so called Samsung, they had me do a couple things, declared it in need of repair, arranged return and I sent it off.

I got an email then a phone call informing me it was a UK version and they could not fix it and that they were returning it.

Luckily the seller stretched his 30 return policy and sent me a replacement.

I've complained to Samsung to no avail. How can we know if a product we buy has a valid warranty.

I contacted the UK service and they won't respond to me.

Seems it ought to be illegal to sell something with a warranty and not honor the warranty when the time comes.

If they aren't going to fix UK versions then they should not be selling them in the US.

I also noticed a few days ago Amazon.com stopped selling them due to a packaging problem of some sort. Does anyone know if this is related to their problem?
That company apparently is selling gray market items without disclosing it. That isn't Samsungs fault and they will only honor warranties on products meant for sale in your region.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote