View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #85
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
Most of the time, the things people argue over in life have no safety consequences. Having and espousing an uninformed opinion is fairly harmless. I wish people would pause to think: Do I really know anything about this subject? and: Are people's lives possibly at risk? And when the answers are "No" and "Yes", just say nothing - keep your opinion to yourself. But people of course won't do that.
Well said.

Sadly, we live in a culture where understanding of a topic is no longer a prerequisite for having and announcing an opinion.

There are areas where the right answer is down to personal taste, and where everyone's opinion is of equal merit, but in a deeply technical subject such as this one, expressing an opinion without an understanding of EM emissions and immunity, electronics and avionics systems is simply wrong and it genuinely surprises me how many people feel that ignorance of these areas doesn't limit the value of their opinions.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote