View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you sure you did the original delete using the device? Could it have been from calibre?

I have done exactly what you describe from many times without a problem. At no time have I found that deleting the book using the device have left any files behind. And replacing it on the next connect has always worked.

Deleting from calibre does not delete the annotations file. That is an oversight that I'll fix soon. But, I have never had this cause a problem when I put a new version of the file on the device.

But, something has occurred to me: What changes did you make to the epub? Was it simple things like spelling or style? Or was there a structure change? By that I mean changing the names or location of the files inside the epub? Or changing the TOC? And did the book have annotations when you deleted it?
Positive, I deleted it from the device. In fact, I never use Calibre for synching books, but copy them over myself as files. I generally try to delete from device, however, as I found in th peast that avoids other mischief. I can confirm that when I do delete a book from the device, the anot files in the Digital Reader dir stays behind. How often this would actually cause a problem *shrugs.*

I don't remember if the book had a bookmark when I deleted it. There would have been no other annotations. As for what changed, in this case, I replaced the epub with a completly different copy. *Everything* changed.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote