Thread: Touch 1.2 Update?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
succubus77
succubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic somethingsuccubus77 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook Simple Touch
It's AWASOME !!!

1.2.0 ... this is the firmware we've all waiting for.

I've been using this new firmware about three days now, and I notice:

1. No more 'Page 1 of 1' problem ! YAY !!! Now we're talking something here.
2. No more 'disappearing shelves' ! Another YAY !!! I've tried powering off and on several times, and the shelves are still there ...

3. Fix formatting for some of my ebooks. Now the fonts and spacing for those particular books are following the setting.

4. Cleaner 'ghosting' and faster response.

One catch: On the bottom of main page where we usually saw 'Next Reading' is now displaying the books which our friends like. In my case, my FB friends. What annoys me: because most of them give 'like' to Bible, it turns up on my page! I mean, no offense, but who doesn't ? This is out of its purpose of promoting trending books ......

But, I'm very happy that BN finally put fix to all annoying bugs that last years ...

1.2.0 - they say minor fix. I say BIG fix.

P.S: After upgrading to 1.2.0, if you have currently-reading book with Page 1 of 1 problem, you'll still probably see them on the main page. Don't worry. Just tap to open it, and switch back to the main page. You'll see the page XX of XX adjusts accordingly.

Last edited by succubus77; 11-21-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: I need to add something.
succubus77 is offline   Reply With Quote